Back to Blogging

As you can tell by the title, I'm going back to blogging, so in this first post I wanted to explain why and what you should expect here.

WHY?

In the past I've written for myself and as an on-air "talent" working at a number of radio stations; both of which I greatly enjoyed, but that's not the only reason "I'm back baby!" 

It's also because of social media! 

 


Years of scrolling an endless feed of tweets, Facebook posts and headlines has turned my brain to mush with the victim being my attention span.

Here are some of the things I'm convinced I struggle with finishing because of being chronically online.

Movies - After what feels like hours of browsing, once I find a film to watch, I'll stop it and move on to something else.

Projects - I can't tell you how many great ideas I've had, which quickly turned into projects only to be quickly abandoned!
 
Books - Way before Project Hail Mary came to cinemas I was gifted the Andy Weir novel which I had every intention of finishing prior to the theatrical release.  Spoiler! I didn't!! 

So, how exactly will writing blogs help cure my social media induced lack of focus you may be asking?

 

Well, I'm hoping that actually sitting down behind a keyboard and really concentrating on how to put thoughts into words in a creative and fun way will somehow reset my brain.  But hey, if it doesn't, at least you'll be entertained by the process right?

WHAT? 

By now you might be wondering what kind of content you'll see published on this blog.  It's going to be a little big of old and new stuff.  I've got a bunch of articles I wrote a few years ago for boom 99.7 in Ottawa I'd like to put here.  Maybe I'll keep them the way they are, or possibly update the information a bit.

 


 As far as new blogs go, I'm not really sure yet.  In the past I've never really had a plan.  I've always just written about what was inspiring me at that moment.  Maybe one will be about my fear of how Paramount is going to totally ruin Star Trek now that Skydance owns them, or another blog written about some hot new tech gadget.  Who knows what the future may hold.  You'll just have to come back and find out!

Comments